Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:43 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: overlapping accidentals
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:14 pm 

I am having an issue where accidentals in separate voices are overlapping. (See attached snipet.) Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks!

Attachments:
File comment: In this snipet, the natural sign on the upper voice is overlapping the sharp sign on the lower voice.
snipett.png
snipett.png [ 23.49 KiB | Viewed 113 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:58 pm 

Nothing other than dragging one or the other accidental to the left. It will normally stay there unless something in the measure changes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:37 pm 

I tried just dragging an accidental to the left. That didn't work though. It just re-formats the measure and the accidentals still end up on top of each other. That did make me think of something though. I thought there was a way to lock a measure. (I had to look that up in the manual. It's been a while.) After I locked the measure, then I was able to drag one of the accidentals over.

This was much easier than the work-around I had come up with previously. For that, I added a B (natural) to the lower voice. This fixed the spacing of the accidentals but now didn't look right because the stem for the lower voice extended up to the B. So, I hid the stem for the lower voice and consequently had to add the E and G# on a third voice so I could see the stem. Yes, it is as complicated as it sounds but it worked. I like the locking the measure much better though.