Scale size of all lyrics in one fell swoop?

General Overture 4 Discussion.
FredNow

Scale size of all lyrics in one fell swoop?

Post by FredNow »

Using Overture 4 on Mac OS 10.10.3

I scaled size of all tracks to 75%, and everything reduced but lyrics still too large. How do I scale size of all lyrics in one action?

I can select all lyrics with the filter, but how do I scale them down all at once? Lyric window is fussy; don't wanna open a whole slew of lyric windows and change font size one line at a time, over and over.

Is it possible to scale all lyrics in one fell swoop?

Thanks.
JM_1234321

Re: Scale size of all lyrics in one fell swoop?

Post by JM_1234321 »

Menu strip/windows/lyrics.

In there there are pulldowns for changing fonts and size per track.
FredNow

Post by FredNow »

JM_1234321 wrote:Menu strip/windows/lyrics.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm aware of that. Two problems: I may not be using the Lyric window optimally, but instead of entering the lyrics for the entire composition in one window, I open a window for each stanza, or even one or two lines, at a time because there are passages of the piece with no lyrics so I just skip ahead to their next appearance and open a Lyric window to enter them, and so on. Not elegant, but works for me. But in order to change the font size of all lyrics, I would have to go to each instance of a new entry, change that, change it for other tracks singing at the same time, and then go to next appearance, etc. ... very tedious.

But the other problem is more of a deal killer. Overture 4 has some bug that manifests intermittently when I click on the first bar of a lyric phrase ... sometimes, no lyric appears in the window even though it's in the score at the measure, in the voice, on the track that are stipulated in that lyric window, so there's nothing to select and change its font size. But sometimes the lyrics are there, but I can't depend on it.

Hence, my request for a way to reduce the size, either by font size or by scaling, of all lyrics in the entire composition in one action. I'm not sure I understand why I'm able to use the Select filter to select all the lyrics of the composition but then can't perform an action to all of them at once, except perhaps to delete them, which obviously I don't want to do.
Marilina12

Post by Marilina12 »

JM_1234321 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 am Menu strip/windows/lyrics. bubble shooter

This section includes drop-down menus for customizing track-specific font and size.