Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Symphony nr. 2 - part 1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:38 am 
Super User

https://www.box.com/s/3p2n7ol0fqphqd90p4dd

More or less right from the Overture notation, at least the wave outputs for importing in SONAR.
Added Altiverb - IR = Concertgebouw.
A bit equalizing afterwards with Adobe Audition (applied loudness settings according to article from SoundOnSound)
Duration: 17:36 minutes.
Best with headphones, but keep the volume low, some very heavy outbursts!!!
All instruments EWQL SO Platinum +

It is of no use mentioning the individual instruments. I will do that when all four parts are ready, but in case you wonder what it is:
    at the beginning/opening: Waterphone plus clusters for Violins 1/ Violins 2
    somewhere in the middle: orchestral marimba sustaining the fast violin sequences.

Greetings,

Raymond

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:16 am 
Super User

I am hugely impressed!

The ‘gear’ you chose to use in presenting this music to us is immaterial whether you’re referring to hardware or software (albeit I find the use of Overture makes the raw creation of music far easier and intuitive). After all has been said and done, the presentation of your music is flawless.

Your musical ideas are stirring and evoke a pensive quality that I find both unpredictable and yet, ultimately pleasurable. Lest I inflate your ego too much, I must point out one – and only one flaw. What you had to say musically in this movement could have been said in far less time with equal effect. This is especially true during the first half. The forward movement of your piece suffered somewhat as time seemed to languish and a small amount of impatience on my part set in.

I look forward to the completion of this outstanding work as I would an excellently prepared meal. Can I assume that an ‘Allegro’ section will come next?

Success.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:19 am 
God of XML

Hey Raymond,

I fully enjoyed your symphony. And... it made me buy Altiverb at this Black friday sale. Nothing could mean more praise, couldn't it? :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:57 am 
Super User

Thank you guys,

part 2 is almost ready. Follow this thread the next couple of days... It begins with Lento as a follow up from the first part, but soon it develops into something allegroish.

By the way, right now I am suffering a hearing loss due to a severe cold and inflammation of the "empty holes" which aren't empty but normally must be. Only the right ear and it is strange, frequencies around the middle A (440 Hz) are a bit distorted. But the meds say it eventually will come back to normal.

Raymond