Overture 6…where are you?

Discussion about Overture but not bugs.
chato

Overture 6…where are you?

Post by chato »

Hi everyone, today 1 July 2024... is there any news? Overture 6 where are you?
philhargreaves

Re: Overture 6…where are you?

Post by philhargreaves »

I'm preparing materials for a Summer School i'm tutoring at, and using Overture 5 a fair bit, and thinking that it's a bit cheeky to be charging monies for what is essentially unsupported software? When i buy commercial software, i'm not just paying the developer for their work, i'm buying a support package. It's been five years or so since any bugs were fixed. I do think that Sonic Scores should make it clearer that once you've paid your monies, you're on your own.

That said, folks in this forum have been very helpful, for which i thank you.
olivnote

Post by olivnote »

I think we have to consider a real health problem for Don. All this is absolutely abnormal and worrying. I feel like we don't
we'll hear more from Don from now on.
Merv
Super User

Post by Merv »

Poor health could possibly be at play here, but don’t discount the possibility of financial or family problems as well. All these things, either individually or in combination can wear a man down. Taking care of those three things would obviously take top priority in Don’s life, but there’s no use in speculating one way or another because his personal life doesn’t concern us nor is it any of our business. I’m content to wait it out and see what the future holds.

Still, I’m hoping Don will say, “My family is doing great, my finances are all in order, and my health is excellent … so mind your own damn business!”

I’ll be delighted with that response from him. Then he can assure us by adding, “Now shut up and let me get on with the job.”
PeteFine
Super Man

Post by PeteFine »

Well said, Merv. However, when dealing with other people in a business, or even in personal relationships, it is pretty quick and easy (and courteous) to post a short note saying something to explain a long absence.
Unless it is a serious, incapacitating illness, which we all hope it is not.
Bill Reed
Super User

Post by Bill Reed »

I suspect Don just got tired of Overture (and all of us), and is just doing other things.
Overture 5, Sibelius, Finale 25, Notion 6, Cubase, StaffPadd
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Foster 190
olivnote

Post by olivnote »

This is also a completely possible thing.