[Solved]Key Signatures on EVERY Stave!

Suggestions and feature requests.
PeteFine
Super Man

[Solved]Key Signatures on EVERY Stave!

Post by PeteFine »

The Active Parts default to only the key signature on the 1st staff. You have to go through several menus in the Layout Panel to check a box which remedies this. If working on a large multi-staff score, you have to do this for every part. But this remedy should be the default! Orchestral parts have key signatures on every staff- every page.
Thurisaz
Super User

Re: Key Signatures on EVERY Stave!

Post by Thurisaz »

PeteFine wrote:The Active Parts default to only the key signature on the 1st staff. You have to go through several menus in the Layout Panel to check a box which remedies this. If working on a large multi-staff score, you have to do this for every part. But this remedy should be the default! Orchestral parts have key signatures on every staff- every page.
Pete hello,
There is solution to your problem. Check the screenshot bellow!
You can navigate the option Key signature on all staves (enclosed in red on the screenshot)
Press and hold Ctrl keyboard button and the check, or uncheck the box to activate, or deactivate the option not only for
the particular instrument, but globally for all existing instruments simultaneously.

Greetings :-)
Attachments
KeySigOnAllStaves.png
KeySigOnAllStaves.png (62.71 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
HP Z820 Workstation, Windows 10 21H2, RME Fireface UFX, M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 controller.
Cubase Pro 12.0, Pro Tools 12, Studio One 5.5, Overture 5.6.1-2, Dorico Pro 4.2.0, MuseScore 3.6.2
PeteFine
Super Man

Re: Key Signatures on EVERY Stave!

Post by PeteFine »

Thank you. That is very helpful.
However, this default is still incorrect. The Default, when producing parts for 99.9% of musicians, is to show key signatures.
frankinbahia

Re: [Solved]Key Signatures on EVERY Stave!

Post by frankinbahia »

The "Ctrl" solution doesn't work, at least with Ove5 5.6.3-3. You still have to to check the box on every part.
Merv
Super User

Post by Merv »

Not so with my version of Ove5 (5.6.3-2). Everything regarding key signatures works as expected with both the main score and all parts. Perhaps the latest version being used (5.6.3-3) introduced a coding issue.
frankinbahia

Post by frankinbahia »

Play around with this brief example a bit, if you have time.
As I understand it, I should be able to hold Ctrl and tick or untick the box on any one of the three instruments and it will change accordingly for the other two.
Not so, for me at least.

Thanks!
Frank
Attachments
test of key sigs in parts -- all staves.ovex
(7.5 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Merv
Super User

Post by Merv »

Hi Frank.

I loaded your example and it still works as expected for me.
If you Ctrl-tick the box all systems will show the key signatures on all staves.
If you Ctrl-untick the box all systems (except the first) will not show the key signature on all staves.
I you tick or untick the box without using the Ctrl key only the stave your cursor is in will alternately show or unshow the key signature.
frankinbahia

Post by frankinbahia »

I think you were right about the probable coding bug in the version I'm using.
Thanks for trying it, Merv.
-Frank
PeteFine
Super Man

Post by PeteFine »

It still defaults to no key signature on all subsequent staves, which is incorrect and one should not need to tick or untick anything when accessing a part. Players do not expect key signatures to be missing in their part.
Don
Site Admin

Post by Don »

This has been changed to show key signatures on all parts by default. (Newly created scores only)
Don
Leader of the Band