Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please be specific when reporting bugs and be able to reproduce them.
If you don't, the post will most likely be ignored or deleted.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:31 am 
Super User

Since the last release, using a mouse to compose has become almost impossible to use.
The main obstacles are:

1- Cursor disappearing on staves. In the attached score (which is a score entirely composed in the latest release of OV5, not an earlier version or OV4, etc) the cursor disappears when in the organ bass staff, also in the 1st violin staff. This happens in numerous scores, not just the attached.

2- After entering a note with an accidental, all subsequent notes in the measure do not retain that chromatic alteration, but have to be dragged to achieve it. (Example-Enter a C#, then enter another note on the C space- in past versions,they would enter as C# but now enter as C natural).

3- When using Fit in View, very handy for large scores, when you Zoom in to make an edit, then undo it, the score reverts back to Fit in View instead of staying where you set it.

These are just a few of countless bugs reported since the last release. I only reiterate them here so they will be seen more urgently, since months have now passed.

Attachments:
Symphony No. 6 Mvt I.ovex [1.13 MiB]
Downloaded 12 times

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:49 pm 
Super User

PeteFine wrote:
1- Cursor disappearing on staves. In the attached score (which is a score entirely composed in the latest release of OV5, not an earlier version or OV4, etc) the cursor disappears when in the organ bass staff, also in the 1st violin staff. This happens in numerous scores, not just the attached.

Hi Pete,

I've heard about woes like the disappearing cursor but haven't encountered them until opening your score.

After dragging a note in the Violin 1 part of your attached score, on mouseUp, the pointer jumps to the next staff, as does the red insertion/playback cursor. Previously I've never seen behavior like that in Overture.

MacOS High Sierra / Overture 5.5.6-1 — I've been overly concerned about numerous 5.5.6-2 reports, so I left it on the shelf. —

scorster

Last edited by scorster on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:30 pm 

I have the same problem, while trying to enter the harp part of a score..
I can enter notes using mouse, but I don't know where they will appear on the staff. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:37 pm 
Super User

Thank you for confirming. This bug is not isolated. It is appearing in many scores created with the new release. This is such a glaring and critical bug that I am disappointed it has not been addressed as I reported it at least a month ago.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:35 pm 

I hope they'll find a solution.