Nothing Will Make Overture Play Again...

Report problems, bugs, etc.
JULIE DACHS

Nothing Will Make Overture Play Again...

Post by JULIE DACHS »

A couple of days ago Overture stopped playing entirely. Even worse, when we open a new or old document and hit 'play' the cursor does not advance at all. When we enter notes manually they do not sound. When we plunk the usb keyboard they do not sound. We have tried all the usual things we do when Overture stops making sounds, which sadly happens a lot, but in spite of all that it does not work. Even on the brand new mac Mini purchased in August We have tried all these things:

1) Quitting and restarting Overture
2) Restarting the computer
3) Turning the USB keyboard on and off
4) Checking the MIDI setup to make sure the keyboard is connected and enabled and actuates the little red received light when a key is pressed (although this has nothing to do with playback!)
5) Throwing out the Overture preferences files
6) reassigning all the instruments to different Aria player or GM instruments

Any ideas? Can I speak to someone on the phone who can walk me through some new remedial procedure?
Dean Krommydas
Site Admin

Re: Nothing Will Make Overture Play Again...

Post by Dean Krommydas »

Hi Julie,

I am PC/Windows-based so, beyond the obvious... I am not sure how much help this will be.

I would try completely uninstalling Overture and reinstalling again from scratch? Then see what happens. But...what are your system specs and current Overture build?

I see there is a download of Overture for Macs here if you haven't done so already:

https://sonicscores.com/forum/viewtopic ... Sur#p76224

As you said, you should be able to hit the space bar and watch the cursor move forward regardless of your keyboard, but if you are thinking it's somehow related...I might unplug the keyboard and any other peripherals anyway for the fresh install... just to make sure you can get Overture playing back with the spacebar first. Then reintroduce the keyboard/other peripherals and go from there.

I'd also crosscheck for malware/viruses. Remove any if you find them... then do the uninstall/reinstall.

Sorry, that's about the extent of my ideas for now. Maybe someone else will have some better insight for you.
JULIE DACHS

Re: Nothing Will Make Overture Play Again...

Post by JULIE DACHS »

Thanks. I guess a reinstallation is the next thing to try.
Sigh.