Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:44 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:33 am 
Super User

Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, is the second in a set of 19 Hungarian Rhapsodies by composer Franz Liszt, and is by far the most famous of the set. Few other piano solos have achieved such widespread popularity, offering the pianist the opportunity to reveal exceptional skill as a virtuoso, while providing the listener with an immediate and irresistible musical appeal. (by WIKIPEDIA)

This arrangement for guitar duo was made with Overture especially for the "duo.stoyanova". Keti & Boyana Stoyanova from Bulgaria.
The first performance took place at the International Guitarfestival Rust/Austria in 1996.
From this point on, the arrangement is a fixed part of the duo. And it is always a great success with the public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEoQaFOmOfs

Have fun!

:D Jovan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:45 am 
Super User

.... and there was Liszt on two guitars. Never thought of that being possible. What a fine and delicate arrangement this is and how beatifully played. What attracts me the most that they never "showed off" as many youngsters on piano are doing.

Thank you,

Raymond

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:52 am 
Super User

Also listened to Recuerdos de la Alhambra. I always was fond of this piece. Did you noticed the long fingers of Rosa.... ? These are an invitation for virtuoso playing and she did! By the way neve knew that de melody was composed by Julio Sagreras.

Greetings,

Raymond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:27 am 
Super User

Quote:
.... and there was Liszt on two guitars. Never thought of that being possible. What a fine and delicate arrangement this is and how beatifully played. What attracts me the most that they never "showed off" as many youngsters on piano are doing.

Thank you,

Raymond
I appreciate your comment, Raymond.
To make this arrangement was difficult. And it was developed in close cooperation with Keti and Boyana. Each sequence has been extensively tested and optimized together. Otherwise, this result would probably not have happened.

:D Jovan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:01 am 
Super User

Quote:
Also listened to Recuerdos de la Alhambra. I always was fond of this piece. Did you noticed the long fingers of Rosa.... ? These are an invitation for virtuoso playing and she did! By the way neve knew that de melody was composed by Julio Sagreras.

Greetings,

Raymond
The melody was composed by Tarrega. The first guitar is the original score by Tarrega. The second guitar was composed by Sagreras a couple of years later. Indeed: Rosa (now 15 years old) is an outstanding talent!

BTW: Many many years later I composed a piece named "twilight.over.the.field". A tremolo piece in the manner of Tarregas "Alhambra". I composed it during a break at the Senator Lounge of the Frankfurt Airport. I missed a flight to Kapstadt. Years later my friend Gabriel Guillén (an excellent guitar virtuoso) suggested I should compose a voice for a second guitar. I did, and we performed it together at the occasion of the 80th Birthday of John W. Duarte.

Below the video of "twi.light" performed by Olga Dimitrova & Armin Egger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NB3iTNee3s

Best wishes
Jovan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:59 am 
Super User

Just a thank you, stunned!!

Raymond