Score Writer 4.1.5 Changes
Known Mac issues not resolved
- Audio Preferences in AU menu has not been implemented..
- Audio Units saved with a score are not loaded when score is opened on Windows platform and vice-versa.
Patch 7 - 5/31/2012
- Fixed a bug with reading old files that caused a crash.
- Fixed bug that caused a crash when editing the Chord Library.
- Fixed a bug that with some tempo expressions that caused a crash when playing.
- Fixed a bug when rests were inserted in hidden measures.
- Fixed bug that prevented Tempo changes from being invisible.
- Improved slur positioning.
- Improved beam tilt on some beam situations.
- Greatly improved importing MusicXML files. NOTE: There are still more improvements needed.
- When deleting measures that contain a Multi-Measure rest, the count is set correctly in Dialog.
- Fixed text palette bug where the correct tool was not selected after clicking on bar, system, etc. text.
- Fixed problem with entering notes in pickup measures.
- Added underline option to Font Dialog.
- The MAC version now supports non-English characters in file name.
- Fixed Lyric hyphen alignment that crossed a barline.
(NOTE: Previous manual adjustments to correct this will have to be rest with old files.
- Fixed possible crash when clicking on page text or lyric text.
- MAC version will now load old PPC Chord Libraries.
Patch 6 - 9/8/2011
- Fixed a bug with reading old files that created empty measures.
- Fixed a bug that caused fonts to be remapped incorrectly on old files.
- Fixed a bug with First Endings not working in playback in old files.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused track device to be incorrect when deleting VST/AU plug-ins in rack.
- Fixed bug that prevented repeats from being drawn at the end of Multi-Bar Rests.
- Fixed bug that added extra character to melissmas when reading old files.
Patch 5 - 7/30/2011
- Improved spacing of Multi-Rests in measures containing Repeats or heavy barlines.
- Fixed two bugs that may have caused crashes when opening old files.
- Fixed spacing on whole notes and half notes when they occurred at same staff position in different voices.
- Fixed problem that prevented setting playback of Pause when attached to a rest.
Patch 4 - 7/6/2011
- Fixed incorrect placement of flags on tablature notes
- Fixed problem with dragging Track Names once they have been moved to the right of left edge of staff
- Fixed problems that occurred after extracting parts (Mac Only)
- Fixed problem with displaying correct key switch information for articulations in voices other than 1
Patch 3 - 6/28/2011
- Fixed Step Input bug that had input types out of order. (PC Only)
- Fixed placement of right winged bracket. (Mac Only)
- Improved placement of Dynamics that are attached to Hairpins.
- Fixed problem with lyric color in multiple voices.
- Fixed Rehearsal Box width problem when reading old files.
Patch 2 - 6/19/2011
- Fixed Fixed bug that sometimes did not convert tuplet bracket into a tuplet number over beam.
- Improved spacing for some symbols in collision avoidance.
- Added extra space for Jazz font bass clefs at beginning of systems.
- Removed drawing garbage when inserting a hairpin. (Mac only)
Patch 1 - 6/9/2011
- Fixed Unhide Staves bug that did not not respace the staves.
- Fixed bug in Edit Playback and Edit Articulation dialog that ignored bank settings from track.
- Fixed bug that prevented auto rests when changing note to rest using computer keyboard.
- Improved a feature that is a big Time-Saver. Try turning on
This works for most symbols. Basically Overture moves symbols around to make space for
new dynamics, hairpins, etc as they are inserted, dragged, transposed, etc.
- OK, another new one. When hairpins are inserted just past a dynamic,
the dynamic is
combined with the hairpin, so when they are dragged, both are dragged. Double click the hairpin to edit as before.
- Fixed problem with importing "tremoloNotes" setting from VST XML files.
- Improved a feature that is a big Time-Saver (Hint, Hint). Not releasing information until users on Forum have guessed what it is.
- Fixed Tempo with text bug that didn't allow dragging of Tempo marking once moved away from Tempo text.
- Setup Track now sets Program Change in Tracks Window after choose GM Patch.
- Fixed bug that prevented changing rest values using computer keyboard.
- Fixed bug that prevented the first VST/AU Effect from opening after loading a score.
- Fixed bug that only allowed system fonts to be chosen while editing text. (Mac Only)
- Fixed crash in Instrument Rack when opening an Audio Unit and then removing it. (Mac Only)
Release - 5/29/2011
- Fixed Shift-Click on Dynamics handle to align dynamics and hairpins.
- Improved collision avoidance when entering dynamics and hairpins
- Fixed problem with moving cursor to next measure with arrow and then pasting. Paste was off by one measure.
- Fixed Step Input not entering notes after eighth notes.
- Fixed crash after Extracting Parts (with Split and Divisi set on)
- Improved tie placement and accidental spacing on clusters.
- Fixed crash when recording real time, with Auto-Transcribe turn off, on tracks above or below a track containing lyrics.
Mac Specific - New Native Intel Version
- Implemented Audio Units (See AU Menu in application)
- Fixed problem that prevented playback to be stopped.
- Fixed Set Key Signature dialog bug that did not transpose correctly.
- Fixed print bug that sometimes did not print bracket on first system.
- Fixed staccatissimo symbol problems
- Fixed problem with selecting note and sharp at the same time.
- Right click now allows Set Key Signature and Time Signature.
- Fixed problem that prevented stretching dotted/dashed lines on Expressions.
- Fixed problem with heavy beam thickness when printing.
- Fixed a few problems in Lyrics Window. Return key now enters a space instead of closing the window.
- Enabled Option/Cmd-Arrows keys on MacBook Pro as Home, End, Page Down, and Page Up.
- Implemented "Default Document" to work on both opening and saving files.