Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:08 pm 

I was wondering what would be the best scanning solution to use in combination with Overture?

I understand that MusicXML is the recommended format for the data import, but which software out there does the best job of recognition and then has the cleanest data output?

Is there a recommended solution?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:35 pm 

etl17 wrote:
I was wondering what would be the best scanning solution to use in combination with Overture?

I understand that MusicXML is the recommended format for the data import, but which software out there does the best job of recognition and then has the cleanest data output?

Photoscore has been updated to v. 4, and is getting good reviews. Outputs MusicXML. See http://www.neuratron.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:53 pm 

I have played around with the demo of Sharpeye 2 from Visiv which looks pretty good (and also produces musicxml) especially considering the price tag of £79 compared to £199 for Photoscore 4! This link shows a comparison of some of the contenders http://www.visiv.co.uk/quote.htm but the reviews are fairly old. Another later comparison here: http://www.geocities.com/alanmcdonley/S ... keoff.html I will probably be saving any pennies I've got left over after the OV4 upgrade :lol: (the suspense is killing me) for a copy of this.

Hope this helps.
David

Post subject: Thanks...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:04 am 

Wow! I downloaded Sharpeye 2 and all I can say is... wow! I have scanned more than twenty sheets and everything came out perfect every time! I am talking about 100% correct score recognition....

Now the only thing that remains to be seen is how good is the MusicXML output and how good is OV4's MusicXML import!

Anyway, crossbow I couldn't thank you more..!

Post subject: Sharpeye
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:37 pm 

I have been using Sharpeye for years now and find it to be excellent. I purchased it after comparing all the music recognition program demos I could find on the net.

I upgraded to V2 about a year ago. V2 is faster, more accurate and easier to work with, I very much recommend it over V1.

Thanks for posting the recent review, looks like Sharpeye is maintaining its lead.

BTW, the author of Sharpeye is very quick to respond to questions and suggestions. I found a minor bug and reported it and a fix was out in a week!

Ed (out in the West Texas town of El Paso)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:45 pm 
Rambo User

I see their links page http://www.visiv.co.uk/links.htm for suitable notation editors does not list Overture.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:36 pm 

Hello,

Music-to-XML is, essentially, a “black box” that, like the schematic above, intakes PDFs (or TIFF image files) and outputs music notation files in the MusicXML interchange format. It can optionally bypass the step of saving the MusicXML file to your hard drive and instead send it directly to Finale, Sibelius, ...