overlapping accidentals

General Overture 4 Discussion.
music.man

overlapping accidentals

Post by music.man »

I am having an issue where accidentals in separate voices are overlapping. (See attached snipet.) Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks!
Attachments
In this snipet, the natural sign on the upper voice is overlapping the sharp sign on the lower voice.
In this snipet, the natural sign on the upper voice is overlapping the sharp sign on the lower voice.
snipett.png (23.49 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
Biggles

Re: overlapping accidentals

Post by Biggles »

Nothing other than dragging one or the other accidental to the left. It will normally stay there unless something in the measure changes.
music.man

Post by music.man »

I tried just dragging an accidental to the left. That didn't work though. It just re-formats the measure and the accidentals still end up on top of each other. That did make me think of something though. I thought there was a way to lock a measure. (I had to look that up in the manual. It's been a while.) After I locked the measure, then I was able to drag one of the accidentals over.

This was much easier than the work-around I had come up with previously. For that, I added a B (natural) to the lower voice. This fixed the spacing of the accidentals but now didn't look right because the stem for the lower voice extended up to the B. So, I hid the stem for the lower voice and consequently had to add the E and G# on a third voice so I could see the stem. Yes, it is as complicated as it sounds but it worked. I like the locking the measure much better though.
nickiberg

Post by nickiberg »

Biggles wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:58 pm Nothing other than dragging one or the other accidental to the left. It will normally stay there unless something in the measure changes.
Thanks guys. It was helpful