Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:09 am 
Super User

I am allways searching for a excellent & easy-to-use virtual classical guitar.
These days I got a 64Bit version of Authentic Guitar 2, developed by Erik Otte, http://www.musesamples.com.
The controlling of this virtual guitar by Overture is very easy and elegant. And the possibilities are endless.
I made a BETA-Test using Sonata K 380 by Domenico Scarlatti, which I arranged for guitar.
Please get your own impression:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOqzWrHFteQ

Please post your impression of this virtual guitar

:) Jovan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:05 am 

Nice rendering as always. Not clear where the advantages over other virtual guitars lies. The acoustic seemed a bit dry but presumably can be altered. The test piece does not illustrate how it would handle the presence or absence of vibrato, or the different characteristics when a note is played on a different string in a higher position. Perhaps that is asking too much. Why were two instances required to play the piece? Their use did not seem to relate to movement of the right hand from the fret to the bridge.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:54 am 
Super User

You are completely right, dermod.
Authentic Guitar allows the performing notes on different strings, but the handling is a little bit difficult & time consuming.
Authenic guitar comes with a very dry sound, and it is up to the user to make it more wet.
Scarlatti Sonatas have been composed for harpsichord, so I dont like guitar performances with to many vibrato notes.

>>>>>>>>>>>
Why were two instances required to play the piece? Their use did not seem to relate to movement of the right hand from the fret to the bridge.
>>>>>>>>>>>

Two instaces are not really required. I preferred it two change between treble and bass notes. In most cases a classical guitar is notated with two, sometimes with three voices.
If you would like two perform on treble strings "metallico" and on bass strings "crossed strings" (in some Tarrega pieces it happened) you need 2 differend instances, becauses these patches are located in different instrument banks (basic patches & advanced use).

Anyway, recording a piece with a virtual guitar is time consuming and allways imperfectly ...

:-) Jovan