Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:12 am 

have spent a few days converting and revising my 5th quartet written a while back in Overture to VSL + Wizooverb and i much prefer the result overall even if at times there is some lack of clarity.

https://app.box.com/s/2slvlil1rsfbyn539bzh

Looking forward with interest to Overture 5 which I assume will one day finally see the light of day. Sibelius has reached the end of the road and the new software from their team now under Steinberg is still a long way off with an uncertain feature list. I do hope that the MIDI playback control on Overture will be further developed as this was for me always one of the main strengths of the software

David

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:43 pm 
God of XML

Hi David,

I enjoyed fantastic sound scenery. You are a really fantasist. This has atomosphere like Schönberg has. Yours is brighter and more illusional. A lot of musical adventure are included, and they are not only unusual but reasonable for my ears. You took a risk successfully.
Wizooverb was discontinued a several years ago, but it is still one of the first class reverb plugins.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:02 pm 
Super User

An excellent string quartet! Hard to compete. I could not composed something like this one!
Congratulations, David! Keep it up!

:o Jovan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:31 pm 
Super User

May I congratulate you with this great piece. A bit new to my ears, but I went on listening and as the piece goes by, I appreciated it more and more. Jovan said: hard to compete. May well be true, indeed it is a very interesting musical experience to me. Again congratulations,

A fellow quartet writer.......

Raymond

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:41 am 

Hi David.
I really enjoyed your work, though I feel sometimes the need of some rest and a bit more of chiaroscuro.
Loved the 2nd Movement. And since I'm writing this comment listening to it, 3rd Mov. is even better!
It demonstrates that writing (good) classical music is still nowadays possible.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:50 am 
Super User

fabiolcati wrote:
It demonstrates that writing (good) classical music is still nowadays possible.

Why shouldn't it?

Raymond

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:58 pm 

first of all -- my apologies that I forgot to come back and thank you all for your comments on my quartet! I had a phase when I didn't like it too much but when revising it, it did seem to be a more powerful and convincing work. I try to keep in touch with this forum every now and then and even though my most recent work ( a Piano Trio) was composed using different software, I'm still looking forward very much to what Overture 5 will bring to the table

David