Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:52 pm 
God of XML

Hi,

These days, I rarely use Overture. Properly speaking, I raely compose music being kept busy with my job. But sometimes when I have unexpected free time, I did try composing music with Overture. I'm still looking forward to see and use Overture 5, though I'm more likely to step away from making music.

https://app.box.com/s/pfaybeiol4l8n80wkr0t

A string quartet, Vienna solo strings, Overture 4
This music is a slice of my daily life of recent day. The audio wave file was exported by Overture, and processed using Studio One 2.
Have a nice weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:28 am 
Super User

A nicely made (rendered) piece of music, filled with joy. I liked it very much, well built. Listening to your instruments, I think I will go for the full solo strings as well.

Don't leave us, please.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Raymond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:40 am 
God of XML

Raymond,
As you know, the number of velocity layer means not only the variety of loudness but also that of articulation or color. The full version would bring larger tone palette.

I hope the new version will make this forum more active.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Tatsu,

It's a shame to hear you may be stepping away from music. You are obviously talented musically and you are also a very knowledgeable and helpful soul. As Raymond said "please don't leave us" - I second that.

Enjoyed your piece - very lively, energetic and I also felt agitation? with some nice points of rest between revving up again!

Thanks for sharing.

~Dean

http://www.deankrommydas.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:00 am 
God of XML

Dean,

Thank you for the very kind words. At some future date, I would have some spare time. Maybe when OV5 is released, I force myself to have it and to revert back to be one of active forum members.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:11 pm 
Super User

Tatsu Nagao wrote:
Hi,

These days, I rarely use Overture. Properly speaking, I raely compose music being kept busy with my job. But sometimes when I have unexpected free time, I did try composing music with Overture. I'm still looking forward to see and use Overture 5, though I'm more likely to step away from making music.

Very fragrant and amusing. The strings sounds more or less realistic! Beautiful composition!
Congratulation!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:26 pm 
Super User

Tatsu Nagao wrote:
... I'm still looking forward to see and use Overture 5, though I'm more likely to step away from making music.

I feel the same. Also, I have a feeling that Don now is packing more and more features into Overture 5, that are not really needed for composition work. That causes in my opinion the risk that the programming of Overture 5 goes into the direction of a "perpetuum mobile". And that would be a pity!

:mrgreen: Jovan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:19 pm 
Super User

jovan wrote:
Tatsu Nagao wrote:
... I'm still looking forward to see and use Overture 5, though I'm more likely to step away from making music.

I feel the same. Also, I have a feeling that Don now is packing more and more features into Overture 5, that are not really needed for composition work. That causes in my opinion the risk that the programming of Overture 5 goes into the direction of a "perpetuum mobile". And that would be a pity!

Maybe, but some DAW-work into Overture serves us very well...... As long as I can notate notes, attach them to VSTi's, have some sort of output, it is enough for me. After all it already is more that the older composers had. Looking at scores, reading about the work at hand and the biographies of the composer, they weren't involved in the detailed articulations of e.g. violinists, flute players as much as we want to be.... With Overture using the Graphic Window and the rest... oh, boy what a work it is......

RR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:22 am 
Super User

Raymond63 wrote:
With Overture using the Graphic Window and the rest... oh, boy what a work it is......

I can understand your reasoning ... as far as the graphics window, which is very elegant. But otherwise, I prefer to use BIDULE or SONAR as daw via a MIDI cable.

8) :-) Jovan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:18 am 
God of XML

jovan wrote:
Tatsu Nagao wrote:

Thank you for listening, jovan.

I believe the notation side of OV5 will be also enriched by the contribution of Berns who used to be the most powerful quetcher in the forum on the OV's notation at a time in the past. :)
About the new DAW-like features, it must be an evidence that Don unflaggingly has passion like Appassionata sonata.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:14 am 
Super User

Tatsu Nagao wrote:
I believe the notation side of OV5 will be also enriched by the contribution of Berns who used to be the most powerful quetcher in the forum on the OV's notation at a time in the past. :)
About the new DAW-like features, it must be an evidence that Don unflaggingly has passion like Appassionata sonata.

OK, I see.
With great interest I am waiting for the result. BTW as far as I'm concerned for my compositional Overture4 gives me more than enough options. I do not really miss anything!

:-) Jovan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

I promise you Overture 5 will give you more options, have a better work flow, and a professional level mixer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:17 am 
Super User

Don wrote:
I promise you Overture 5 will give you more options, have a better work flow, and a professional level mixer.

Sounds good!
The reason why I was not so eagerly waiting for the release of Overture 5 is that I compose mostly for real musicians and orchestras. So I am waiting for improved notation features less the playback options!

Ples look at the post below:
http://sonicscores.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14794

:D Jovan