Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, but it shouldn't be doing that anymore. I'll have to check on that again. I plan on having the Silver instrument definition available this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:51 pm 

Thankyou.

Oh, something I discovered about EWQLSO Silver is that CC7 controls volume, however, this isn't available by default and has to be specifically turned on in the Kontakt Player options dialogue, though I guess most users will know that. Absolutely no information in the manual about it. *

* mini rant - anyone with EWQLSO notice that the box is huuuuge, but comes practically empty with nothing but a generic manual (which is not even specially made for the version) and a flimsy paper CD holder for the DVD. Pfft. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

I do recommend downloading the 'official' manual for the East West Quantum Leap orchestra products, though. Contact Doug with your serial number to get a copy. Much more informative than that piece of junk that came in the box. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:56 am 

When will the Kontakt2 library be added to a patch? I downloaded what I asume is the latest patch (9/7) but I am not showing Kontakt2 library in the track properties window.

Also, what are the "XG" banks.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:57 am 
Site Admin

Its not finished. If everything but the VSL section weren't so poorly laid out, I'd be finished. Hopefully before the end of the week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:49 pm 
Super User

dermod, You must install sfz+ in the directory where Overture is set to look for VSTi's. As you do with Finale GPO above, copy or move all of the subdirectories for sfz+ too.

Joseph, will you please modify my note about Finale GPO to include copying the subdirectories? TIA

Win 10 x64, Intel 4 core I7-4790 desktop, 12 gb RAM.
Sonar Platinum, Roland Integra-7, Garritan (GPO 5, GIO,
Classic Pipe Organs). Vienna Ensemble Pro 5, Kirk Hunter
Ensembles, Kontakt 6, Kontakt 6 libraries, Amadeus SO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:18 am 
Super User

warrenblum wrote:
Also, what are the "XG" banks.

I don't have Kontakt 2 (wish I did though), but generally XG is the Yamaha comeback to the Roland GS extensions to MIDI. The XG banks would work well with the Yamaha demo MIDI song files, which used to be available on their website. Not sure if they still are. These song files contain additional under-the-covers system-exclusive control messages, peculiar to Yamaha's XG, but very similar to Roland GS. GS and XG controls extend MIDI and add numerous performance enhancement goodies to improve the way you use your synthesizer programs (patches) and effects.

Win 10 x64, Intel 4 core I7-4790 desktop, 12 gb RAM.
Sonar Platinum, Roland Integra-7, Garritan (GPO 5, GIO,
Classic Pipe Organs). Vienna Ensemble Pro 5, Kirk Hunter
Ensembles, Kontakt 6, Kontakt 6 libraries, Amadeus SO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:58 pm 

Mike, Thanks for your excellent explanation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:51 am 

Any chance of EW Voices of the Apocalypse being on the list? I'm lloking for a choir VST to add to my arsenal and thought this would work well.

Regards,

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:31 am 
Site Admin

EW Symphonic Choir, yes. Voices of the Apocolypse I don't have so it would be difficult to manage. I won't discount the possibility, but I can't guarentee it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:54 am 

tcohen wrote:
Any chance of EW Voices of the Apocalypse being on the list? I'm lloking for a choir VST to add to my arsenal and thought this would work well.

Regards,

Tim

Isn't VOTA for Gigastudio though? I know Symphonic Choirs is a plug-in, but thought VOTA is strictly a sample library (you need a sampler to run it.) Am I wrong? I know Overture 4 can deal with samplers, but was just curious about VOTA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:55 am 
Site Admin

Overture 4 works fine with Gigastudio (although there is currently no instrument definition support for it.)

You could theoretically convert the library to Kontakt 1/2, but I can't make any assumptions as to that conversions success.

Post subject: Bela D Media
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:00 pm 

Okay - so maybe this is the wrong thread, I'm not sure, but, will the Giovanni collection work with Overture 4 as a standalone or would I need to get Kontakt or something like that? I'm anxiously trying to purchase voices for use in pieces and like the Children's choirs from Bela D Media, but can't buy both the choir and Kontakt (at least if I want to stay married!)

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Giovani does not come with a standalone player. You would have to purchase the full version of either Kontakt or Gigastudio to use it. The same with Vota or Symphony of Voices. The only self contained product at the moment for choirs is EWQL Symphonic Choir, but that's over $900.00.

Post subject: DRAT!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:33 pm 

Joseph,

Thanks for the info - back to the drawing board!

Tim

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next