Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Garritan JABB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:02 am 

Howdy - just a question as to if JABB will be supported in the future.

Thanks

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:04 am 
Site Admin

Hopefully we'll have it incorporated into the program next week. We're waiting on copies of the program from Gary.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:28 pm 

Thanks Joseph, as usual!

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:58 pm 

Joseph Burrell wrote:
Hopefully we'll have it incorporated into the program next week. We're waiting on copies of the program from Gary.

Joseph,
Are you talking 'articulation specific' for JABB or just the ability to include it as a regular VSTi within Overture 4 at all.

Also, I assume this will need to be supported by some update/patch when it does become available ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

It will always work within the program, any VSTi or VST effect will (albiet I'm sure there are some incompatible ones out there somewhere.)

I'm just saying that it will be 'instrument definition' supported as soon as we get our copies of the library.

That should happen next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:18 pm 
Super User

OK, I'll show my ignorance - somebody has to do it. What is JABB?

Win 10 x64, Intel 4 core I7-4790 desktop, 12 gb RAM.
Sonar Platinum, Roland Integra-7, Garritan (GPO 5, GIO,
Classic Pipe Organs). Vienna Ensemble Pro 5, Kirk Hunter
Ensembles, Kontakt 6, Kontakt 6 libraries, Amadeus SO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:23 pm 

jabb = Garritan Jazz and Big Band

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:58 pm 

Hi,
Any idea when the definitons for EWQL Gold Pro will be ready? In the meantime , is it possible to edit the instrument fields in the track property window so that I can keep track of the articulations I'm using in the track. Example is lets say I'm using Pro XP's large string ensembles for my string choir (V1, V2 , Viola , Cello, and bass) Voice 1 want to use the sustain patch, for voice 2 I want to use the pizzicato patch and in voice 3 there is a marcato patch I want to use. What I would want to do until the Por xp defs are ready is just to be able to type in "legato for Voice 1 slot, pizz for voice 2 slot, and marcato for voice 3. It seems like right now I have to use the drop down menu offerings. Is there an easy way to do this? The drop downs are nice, but what if someone wanted to customize a track property to fill in until an instrument def file is created?

Thanks,
Jerry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

You do it from Score>Articulations on a track by track basis. This can be done for all articulations on a track. Just select the track, click on the articulation you want to edit, make your changes and when you're done hit 'Okay.' This is saved with the score, so you can create custom templates.

I have the Pro libraries here, but its going to be a little while yet before they are included.

Edit: But you bring up a good point. For non-VST libraries maybe there should be a dropdown list for different articulations so at least you could easily use the auto-voice switching without having to wait for an instrument definition to become available. You'd still have to set up the Articulation tables if you want to use keyswitching or controller switching, but you could easily use the auto-voice switching this way. I'll bring this up to Don. Thanks for spurring the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:17 pm 

Hi Joseph,
Thanks for the quick reply. What you suggested wasn't what I needed, though it did give me ideas for the future. To be able just to writesomething into the track slots was what I wanted to do. More or less a hint to what I have available for that particular instrument or track ( what is loaded in the vst instrument at the time.) Pretty much what you were saying at the end of your post.

What I decided to do for now is use the K2 VSL instruments which have all the articulations assigned already ( this is really a neat feature!) So far this is working good - I can spend a little bit more time and brainpower to the song instead of laboring over the technical parts( features and limitations) of the program. The ability to customize a lot of things that go into the score like expressions and articulations is a strong feature of Overture.

Jerry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

Just FYI,

I'm trying to get Gold Pro XP, Platinum Pro XP, Silver Pro XP and EthnoWorld 3 in the next patch, but don't hold me to it as I don't know how much time I have until Don releases the next patch.

Post subject: Emerald
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:54 am 

Would love to see definitions for Emerald (Kirk Hunter Library).

Any hope?

Have tried the orchestrallibrary in Kontakt2 and it´s very convenient

Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:01 pm 

Library request - Sonic Reality's Sonik Capsule: Acoustic Guitar set (with SampleTank 2LE).

Obtained because of the nice MP3 demo at http://www.sonicreality.com/viewDetails ... iew=sounds, and is an inexpensive set that includes 12-string guitar, plus damped and harmonic sounds. Any chance of support before 200X? (The 1gb RAM I also got will find other uses in the meantime...)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:03 pm 

I am wondering if I can hope to see the instrument definitions for the EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Platinum (not XP or pro) anytime soon?

Also, I don't see the instrument definitions for EWQL Symphonic Choirs...the forum indicates partial support for EWQL SC, but I don't see any choir instruments either in the VSTDevices folder.

Thanks for any update you can provide!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:17 am 
Site Admin

Edirol HQOR done...

http://sonicscores.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13504#13504

Garritan Jazz and Big Band done. No jazz articulation support yet, coming soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next