Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Jazz Font and SW-4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:35 am 

I'm a new SW-4 user and wondering if anyone has successfully used the Jazz Font with SW-4, on MAS OS X? I have successfully loaded the font into my font-book but cannot load it into SW-4 as a default or selectable font. I was able to access the font from the <Title Page Text> window, but so far , that's it, no notes or chord symbols. The Jazz Font home page says it's compatible with GenieSoft, but it must mean Oveture only. If anyone has a work-around for MAC OS X 10.5.8 I'd appreciate some help or advice, if I'm missing something obvious here...before I try to get a refund. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:14 pm 

Windows' ver of SW4 works with Sigler, so it should work with Mac as well.
In PC, SW looks for the existence of the JazzCW font on the system and then displays the Use Jazz Font option (see the first pic in this recent post).

I don't know if there are different ways of installing fonts in Mac, so perhaps a reinstall of the font and a reboot might do the trick.

btw, if instead you're using the sort-of-free jazz font from Finale or other source, you'll need to use Overture to map the font to the proper characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:39 am 

violao wrote:
John

When I open a new file, the "New Score" window pops up. It is identical to the example you sent me in every way, except there are no options for selecting fonts. Also the "Options Menu" in SW-4 is completely "greyed out" on the MAC.

Bob

I haven't heard about Option menus getting disabled in Mac. Better try a reinstall of ScoreWriter before trying anything else.

After that, is the name of the font you're using the purchased Sigler font (JazzCW.ttf) or the Finale variant (Jazzfont.ttf)?