Overture 6

Discussion about Overture but not bugs.
chato

Overture 6

Post by chato »

Hello everyone.
Does anyone know anything about Overture 6?
Is there any news?

Thanks

Chato
Merv
Super User

Re: Overture 6

Post by Merv »

As far as I know only the ‘Leader of the Band’ is privy to such information. Your query is shared by many of us.
chato

Post by chato »

Thanks Merv..I imagined..let's hope so.
jordanjshin

Post by jordanjshin »

I have some questions about Overture 6 plans, too, if any of this can be disclosed, yet. This will help me decide if I should wait for Overture 6 (I am in no huge hurry as long as my 2015 iMac running 10.14.6 stays alive) or go for some other software...

1. Will there be a concurrent Encore release, or will they be combined?
2. Is there plan to add the ability to read MusicTime files? Some versions of Encore, I think, had that ability.
3. I'm assuming the code will be going Apple Silicon native?

Thank you!
Merv
Super User

Post by Merv »

Only Don can answer these questions. The rest of us have been kept in a state of suspended animation for quite some time now.
Bernard Rey

Post by Bernard Rey »

jordanjshin wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:54 am 1. Will there be a concurrent Encore release, or will they be combined?
2. Is there plan to add the ability to read MusicTime files? Some versions of Encore, I think, had that ability.
3. I'm assuming the code will be going Apple Silicon native?
You'll find some answers on the Passport Music site (and forum). There will (should?) be a release quite some time soon for Encore 6 as well as Overture 6. It has been announced by Don Williams one and a half year ago and he confirmed it in august 2023... We're many of us in the wait! :wink: