Shortcuts for Parts Preparation

Suggestions and feature requests.
PeteFine
Super Man

Shortcuts for Parts Preparation

Post by PeteFine »

Don,
Since the update was proposed so long ago I would like to reiterate two features (one which used to be included before the last updates) that will make part preparation much quicker.
1- A keyboard shortcut for multi measure rests (this used to be...what happened?) Right now one must constantly go to the Measures menu.
2- A Paste as Cue shortcut. Again, one must currently go to the menu to achieve this.
3- A keyboard shortcut for "Notate as Cue Notes". This is another very frequent need.
Also, at some point, if at all possible, can we have a drop down menu on the Paste as Cue so that the same cue can be pasted, in correct transposition, to multiple parts? If an entire orchestra is resting for 24 measures during a clarinet solo, pasting the same cue over and over again in all the resting parts is extremely tedious.

Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you soon!
FlinderHiew

Re: Shortcuts for Parts Preparation

Post by FlinderHiew »

A good suggestion. For anyone not aware of this handy feature which Don added, custom keyboard shortcuts can be created using Options > Edit Key Commands. :)

Suggested custom shortcuts:
Paste as Cue: Command/Ctrl + Shift + v (as it's a variant of Paste)
Multi-measure rest: Option/Alt + spacebar, (as it's a variant of adding a rest); or Option/Alt + m perhaps!
Ov 5/MacOS 10.11/iMac mid-2007 24" 6GB (yes it can be squeezed in!)
PeteFine
Super Man

Re: Shortcuts for Parts Preparation

Post by PeteFine »

I did what you suggested and it works beautifully. Amazing I have never used that feature before. Once again, much thanks.
Pete