Extracting and trasposing parts from orchestral score

Report problems, bugs, etc.
Forum rules
Please be specific when reporting bugs and be able to reproduce them.
If you don't, the post will most likely be ignored or deleted.
Giantaglia

Extracting and trasposing parts from orchestral score

Post by Giantaglia »

3 major bugs among many:
1) A lot of trasposition errors when I extract Eb instrument parts (Baritone sax, Alto sax) from orchestral score. See the attached pic:
bari sax.JPG
bari sax.JPG (92.9 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Bari 2.JPG
Bari 2.JPG (28.45 KiB) Viewed 601 times
2) layout: impossible increase/decrease measures from a staff when there are multiple measure rests
3) problem in inserting notes (with mouse) in a piano bass clef staff and double bass staff in orchestral scores
PeteFine
Super Man

Re: Extracting and trasposing parts from orchestral score

Post by PeteFine »

The bass clef problem was fixed, as far as I know. Are you using the most recent release (5.6.3.3)?
Yes, many annoying bugs exist in part production. First, you must not do your editing in parts mode from the master score. Instead, save the part as a separate file and use that file for editing. You may already know that.

Not sure about what you meant in the first picture- the natural and sharp being tied notes? A little more info would help.

We have all been eagerly awaiting a new update that was promised in 2020. Other than that, do the best you can but at least make sure you are updated.

Pete
PeteFine
Super Man

Post by PeteFine »

In addition, when you open the part from the master score, you can change the transposition in the Inspector panel. For instance, if you are notating in concert pitch, and need an Eb transposition, you can set the "Part" (under settings) to -3. I notate in transposed mode so the master score already shows the correctly notated instruments, but sometimes when I look at the part, it has been altered. The "Part" box in this case needs to show "0".
Hope this info helps. Sorry if this is old news. Like I said, there are definitely many bugs still existing in part production. It is the most tedious aspect of producing a large score, in my opinion. (and don't even get me started on 2 players on a staff!)
Giantaglia

Post by Giantaglia »

Ok... thank you so much! :)
The first pic with sharps and naturals oddly tied is the result of extracting and trasposing done by Ove 5... and the pic below is the original part in the score , just for comparison.
Of course I usually extract all the single parts from the score then I work on every single file.
Anyway let's hope in a upgraded version... I'm still missing Overture 4
Giantaglia

Post by Giantaglia »

PeteFine wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:13 pm The bass clef problem was fixed, as far as I know. Are you using the most recent release (5.6.3.3)?

Please where can I get the most recent release? The last downloadable update at www.sonicscores.com is 5.6.1.1
PeteFine
Super Man

Post by PeteFine »

I have a copy of the last update before that. 5.6.3.2 This forum is not allowing me to send it for some reason. It may be too large. Send me a "PM" private message and I'll email it to you.