Change Paste as Cue Instrument Font Size

This is where you ask specific questions on how to use Overture.
PeteFine
Super Man

Change Paste as Cue Instrument Font Size

Post by PeteFine »

When I Paste as Cue, the notes are of course much smaller, as should be, but the name of the instrument being pasted as cue is way too small.
size.png
size.png (23.38 KiB) Viewed 399 times
I see no option to change the font size...
Merv
Super User

Re: Change Paste as Cue Instrument Font Size

Post by Merv »

Hi Pete. On my Win 10 system using version 5.6.3-2 I simply double click on the instrument name in order to open the ‘Measure Text’ dialog where I can alter the usual settings including changing the text font size.

When I am ‘Pasting as Cue’ for several instruments at a time I will change the font size before doing the multiple pastes.

…or am I misunderstanding what you mean?
PeteFine
Super Man

Post by PeteFine »

Hi Merv,
Thanks for the reply. I am doing exactly that currently. However, I was wondering if their is an option somewhere to set the default size of the text. (Without, of course, changing the note size).
Merv
Super User

Post by Merv »

I’m thinking ‘No’. The option to do that could be placed in the ‘Active Part’ dialog where we have the option to change the text size for ‘Title Page’, ‘Header’, ‘Footer’. Just add ‘Cues’ to the list with the option of changing font size for both cue notes and the instrument name. Another possibility would be to add this option to ‘Preferences’.

Not much activity lately except for you and me (and a bunch of Russian trolls). It would be good to hear from Don.
PeteFine
Super Man

Post by PeteFine »

It certainly would! At least a "Hey, I've been busy but haven't forgotten about you guys and the promised update."
John Fallas

Post by John Fallas »

Hi Pete and Merv,
The way I change the font size - if I need to - is to right-click on the instrument name, select 'Scale' from the pop-up menu, and change the scale back to 100% or whatever suits, depending on what the cue scale is and what font size is set as the default for measure text (Score Layout/Style/Settings). So, for example, if the font size for measure text is 10 and the scale for cues is 75% (the default), setting the scale for the instrument name to 90% will result in font size 9.
What I can't see anywhere among all the settings or in the manual is a way to change the default scale for cues.

And yes, it would be nice to hear at least that all is well with Don.
John Fallas
Brussels, Belgium
15" MacBook Pro 2016, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB
macOS Big Sur 11.5.2
Overture 5.6.3-3, GPO5

Yamaha Trombone YSLx, Yamaha Horn YHRx
FlinderHiew

Post by FlinderHiew »

To change cue text size (max is 95 % of original) :
Score Layout button > Engraver tab > Notes tab > Cue Notes > Cue text percentage (max is 95%)
Ov 5/MacOS 10.11/iMac mid-2007 24" 6GB (yes it can be squeezed in!)