Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:16 pm 

I currently have 2 questions about the Amadeus Orchestra. I don't own it yet so I can't try it for myself to answer my own questions.

1. I see from the manual (pg 13) that I can set how much the attack of the samples is affected by key velocity. Can I configure the "Attack" slider and the "Vel -> Att" sliders so that at a reasonably normal key velocity level, I get a "normal" sounding attack and at near max velocity I get a nearly staccato like attack?

2. Are the sustain samples seamlessly looped, will I hear the loop point, or do the sustain samples have a fixed duration?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:18 pm 

Hi,

1. Yes, you will be able to get fast attacks at a higher velocity and slower attacks at a lower velocities. The "Sustains" articulation is more for legato lines, so you won't get a staccato attack, but if you use the "Marcato" you'l be able to get staccato attacks at higher velocities.

2. The loops are very good, and should not be noticeable. I've never had an issue with them, and I'm picky!
The sustains are looped on everything except the choir samples.

-TC

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:51 pm 

Thanks for answering my questions. I guess I can't know until I try it but I'm hoping the attack of the sustains is variable enough that I can get from slow legato to short notes without needing to resort to using a key switch until I specifically want staccato notes.

I have my own sample library where I fade in staccato samples over top of the sustain samples as the key velocity increases so I rarely need keys switches anymore. I'm hoping the sustains of Amadeus with velocity based attack will sound similar though I don't expect to be able to use the sustain samples with a fast attack in place of a staccato or marcato sound.