Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Need Snare Drum Help
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:33 pm 

I have a piece with several sections using the snare drum (using ASO Snare Drum 2). The first section has the "snare-drummy" sound I want, but in later sections the sound doesn't seem to have the "snare" sound, just a side drum sound. When I hit the note with the mouse it sounds the way I want, but I can't get that sound to come out on playback. I have it set as E3, Hit 5 in both places. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Post subject: Re: Need Snare Drum Help
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:22 am 
Super Man

I have had this happen with percussion tracks as well. I ended up copying the note(s) with the correct playback and pasting it everywhere else (changing time values where needed of course).
I never did figure out how to solve the issue otherwise. Now that I ponder it again...it could very well be related to the issue where accidentals are not working properly on pitched instruments. For instance, if I have an F# followed by an F natural in the same measure, even though I entered it on the keyboard and it sounded corrected when entered, upon playback the accidental is ignored and I get 2 F#'s... So if the two different snare sounds are adjacent notes (equivalent to a natural and a sharp) that could be why it is happening. Until the looonnnnggg awaited fix is released you may have to use my workaround. :cry:

Post subject: Re: Need Snare Drum Help
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:36 pm 

I tried the "paste" method but it didn't seem to work (and that's a lot of notes to paste in a March or Fanfare section of the piece). However, I decided not to be picky about it and after working them some some the snares are sounding better, though perhaps pitched a little high. I'll be posting this piece in the "Lounge" after my U of Wisconsin instructor "passes" on it.