Community

Where Overture and Score Writer users interact
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:51 am 
God of XML

Last edited by Tatsu Nagao on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Hey Tatsu my friend!

Thanks for sharing that detailed information. I haven't run specific tests like what you have posted here however I know I was getting similar/good results using KONTAKT on my main host PC and my old Muse Receptor (although I could have gotten even better results if more than one instance of Uniwire could be loaded into Overture's VST window). Between the 2 I had 6 GB of RAM (but I wasn't even using it all) and I was loading up full orchestral palettes with Choir and additional misc. libraries.

In any event I will state the obvious... that sure you can stick with 32-bit and the samples you have been using & get solid results...but if we return our discussion based on the East West libraries...if you want the better quality, updated & new libraries from them & to utilize the new PLAY engine at it's best... you have to have the 64-Bit capability to get that maximum potential out of the PLAY engines.

That being said - you can still do a lot of powerful things without having to deal with PLAY as you have stated. In all honestly - I would prefer being able to just use the new East West updated libraries with KONTAKT...but it's not possible unfortunately. And that being said... I can still use their older stuff (which is still awesome) anytime with KONTAKT if I want :)

Be well!

EDIT: I apologize I didn't address your original question better. From what I understand... having multiple smaller drives and allowing the samples to be broken up and stream from each drive is better than having them all stream from 1 large drive. So my take on it based on my situation is to have not only a 64Bit operating system but at least 5 hard drives or more :)

http://www.deankrommydas.com