A voice is a single melodic line in a track. Each track may have up to eight voices (Overture) or four voices (Score Writer). For further explanation of voices, consult Terms.
For example lets enter two quarter notes in voice 1 and a half note in voice two:
- Choose the quarter note in the notes palette.
- Click in the score twice to enter two quarter notes.
- Press the esc key to deselect the last note entered.
- Choose the half note in the note palette.
- Select Voice 2 from the View Menu at the top right of the control bar or type Ctrl (Command) 2.
- Selecting Voice 2 dims the notes belonging to Voice 1.
- Click below the two quarter notes.